Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Waiting for the Red Van

This is my last blog before I arrive in Russia. We are anxiously waiting for the Red Van company to pick us up and take us to the airport. We are flying out of LAX direct to Frankfurt, Germany. Then a few hours layover, and onto St. Petersburg, Russia. From there a van will take us to LP (our city)
We are having a great morning! Had a leisurely breakfast and a lot of reflecting, thinking, and praying. Then we walked to the post office to mail a package home and drop off the last round of post cards. Now we are talking, taking pictures, sharing laughs, and a few tears. We all have grown amazingly close this week. I will love and miss my new friends so much! But I look forward to spending the next 5 weeks with my teammates and growing closer with them. We will be a lil' familiy of 4!
God is preparing us for something great. I just KNOW it! I don't know what we will encounter, but Russia has been placed on my heart and I get choked up just thinking about the future. I don't know if it's the impact I may have on the Russians, with my teammates, or myself, but I know I will forever be changed. I just can't say that enough! My faith and courage has grown leaps and bounds this week and I am a stronger person in the Lord. We all have changed. I love and miss my friends and family back home, but I love my new friends and family in Pasadena, California and Russia. How lucky and blessed am I!!!
This is a financial costly trip. The spiritual rewards will far outweigh the money. (And yes, I had to sign the document to work out a payment plan upon my return. But I know it'll work out!)
Thank you for your interest in my blog and your faith in me, my mission, and my TEAM. They are wonderful and I would love to bring them home with me! (maybe I can bribe them with the beach, haha)
I am so blessed and can't wait to share my gifts and God's love with the people of Russia.

I love you all and will miss you. Next time you hear from me, I will be in RUSSIA!!!
I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me!!

Love in Christ,
Kim

No comments: